The Student Engineers' Council asks that companies attending the SEC Career Fair abide by the NACE Principles of Professional Conduct:
- Employers making employment offers to Texas A&M University students are asked to review the NACE Position Statement on Setting Reasonable Deadlines for Job Offers.
- In accordance with NACE Principles of Professional Conduct, we ask that you refrain from any practice that improperly influences and affects job acceptances, including undue time pressure and exploding offers.
- While we recognize that you may have certain restrictions on how flexible you can be, we do ask that you give students a minimum of two weeks to consider full-time, co-op, and internship offers. Further, to minimize reneges or declines after offer acceptance, we encourage you to leave offers open until October 15th in the Fall and March 1st in the Spring.
- For extending an offer after your summer internship program, we encourage you to give students until October 15th to accept the offer.
- All offers for full-time, co-op, or internship employment should be made in writing, either electronic or hard copy. The start of the offer timeline is defined by the date on the written offer letter.
The SEC along with the Texas A&M Career Center highly encourage employers to comply with these practices.